Carer - Day
We are currently recruiting for a Day Carer with experience preferred but not required as training is also available.
This post requires an individual to work within a team of carers and nurses to maintain care standards, respect the individuality and dignity of our residents and maintain a safe environment for residents, staff and visitors.
Day Shift: 3x 12 hour shifts per week = 36 hours (negotiable). Part time and bank staff considered.
- Assist in the daily care of the residents, helping with dressing / undressing, washing, bathing and personal hygiene where necessary.
- Help residents with problems of mobility and other physical disabilities, helping with the use of disability aids and caring for the same, where appropriate.
- Help with the organisation of social activities, and to participate in them to help promote residents' esteem and physical and mental well-being.
To accompany residents on community visits where required and as duty rotas permit.
- Help serve food, assisting residents with eating and drinking as required. To prepare light meals and snacks if required, liaising with kitchen staff as necessary
- Monitor residents' conditions, and report any changes to the Senior Care Assistant / Registered Nurse as necessary.
- Help maintain a safe and healthy environment in the Home with due regard to appropriate Food Hygiene and Health & Safety Regulations. To report all accidents to the Matron.
- Read and write reports, and to participate in staff and residents' meetings as appropriate.
- Participate in training activities / course, as directed by senior staff.
- Assist with End-of-Life Care for residents who are terminally ill.
- Undertake other duties, as necessary.
- Good communication skills and literacy
- Genuine interest in caring for the elderly
Preferred but not required
- Previous experience as a carer or working with the elderly
- NVQ Level 2 in care
Pay: £7.50 to £8.20 per hour depending on experience
Interested? Please email us your C.V. or phone for more information.