St. David's core strength lies in the excellent nursing care that it delivers to its residents.
Qualified nursing staff are on duty 24 hours a day working with a team of friendly care assistants. The home is visited on a weekly basis by the local GP. A hairdresser, chiropodist and optician also visit regularly. Whether you need a little respite care or have complex nursing requirements we can accommodate you.
The assessment and evaluation of each resident's circumstances and health on a regular basis is a key element in administering individualised
and appropriate care. To achieve this certain services are available at St. David's:
- GP cover is provided by the Sheringham Medical Practice. A regular doctor attends weekly rounds with additional visits as required. Of course, you can also be seen by your current GP if you prefer.
- Emergency cover is available twenty four hours a day and where hospital intervention is necessary, there are several hospitals that are used including the Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital.
- Liaison with Macmillan nurses allows for the provision of the highest standard of care for those residents occupying our palliative or terminal care beds.
- Visiting Opticians provide an annual eye test for all residents and can provide spectacles if prescriptions change.
- A visiting Chiropodist visits the centre every few weeks.
- A physiotherapist is available when required, and our care staff are able to provide daily physiotherapy as part of the program designed for each individual.
- These services may be accessed either via the NHS or privately depending on individual circumstances.
- A local hairdresser visits St. David's regularly and arrangements can be made privately for hairdressing. Other beauty therapies are available if required on a private basis.
- All patients have a right to input from Social Services and this can be accessed free of charge by contacting the local team.